About the Company:
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, The Onion, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Earther, Deadspin, Jalopnik, The Root, and ClickHole. We reach an audience of +120 million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans. Our 30 strong Budapest team within GMG Hungary has different roles varying from development through infrastructure and advertising operations.
About the Role
Our Frontend Engineers are an essential part of the product development team, as they work on a wide variety of feature-sets on the Kinja platform, our main product that runs all of our sites. Besides creating the ‘personality’ for each of our sites, the frontend team also acts as a channel between the user needs and the technology. They are working closely with designers, product managers and backend engineers in order to create the best possible experience for over 100 Million monthly readers worldwide.
As a Frontend Engineer you will be:
- figuring out specific user needs and implementing them
- translating user needs into technological challenges
- helping us finetune and improve our adtech solutions
- adapt to fast iterations
- continuous integration practice
- experimenting with new technologies - with a serious touch of pragmatism
- product mindset
Our team would be impressed by
- experience with NodeJS - especially tweaking the server side performance
- advertising-related or content publishing work history
- Flow - type checking really speeds up our development
- strong data analysis skills - you know what to look for and you can make decisions based on the data find
- writing clean and maintainable code - your regex is readable after 2 weeks without losing its power
- outstanding communication skills
This is a full time position at G/O Media's award-winning Budapest office at Andrássy út 66.
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you shortly.