New York, NY
G/O Media connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about. G/O Media reaches 115MM unique visitors monthly and includes Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion Inc.
About the Role:
G/O Media is seeking a dynamic Account Executive to generate advertising revenue with client and agency partners. This role requires a persuasive, disciplined self-starter with a passion for sales goals through high-volumes of activity. An understanding of programmatic, content marketing and branded content sales experience are vital.
- Develop a deep understanding of G/O Media's product & content capabilities
- Build relationships with key marketing executives and decision makers on target accounts
- Drive the entire sales process including: meetings, RFP, negotiating, closing, and advising campaign cadence.
- Work in conjunction with sales management on account development strategies
- Commit to a high activity sales culture, executing a minimum of 7-10 meetings per week
- Procure proposals/RFI’s from each meeting and commit to an innovative follow up strategy (next day on submission etc.)
- Work collaboratively with all levels of staff within our Sales, Media Operations, Strategy, Account Management, Product, and Intelligence teams
- Use the CRM/NetSuite for meeting, follow-up and notes diligently
- 5+ years of experience in advertising sales, marketing, consulting or media
- In-depth knowledge of digital media, online marketing technology and competitive landscape
- Well established client/agency relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of traditional as well as contemporary/online marketing tactics and strategy
- A deep understanding of the industry's key issues and trends
- Have fun through winning team attitude
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to email@example.com and we'll get back to you shortly.